Sunday, November 14, 2010

Are Personal Secured Loan Calculators Worth Using?

When on the lookout for a secured loan, there is nothing easier than logging on and comparing the different plans available. You need very few details and it practically takes only five minutes to get a decision online. However, wouldn't it be nice if you could have a rough idea of how much you may have to pay back each month before you actually apply and get a quote? Well, the good news is that you can!


Secured loan calculators really can be extremely helpful. You simply type in how much you want to borrow and over what time period and it will come back telling you how much you need to pay each month. Many creditors place loan calculators on their websites and so it should not be hard to find one. Of course the best thing about them also, is the fact that they only take a couple of minutes to find out just how much you can expect to pay for the loan you need. What could possibly be more convenient than that?

However, as good as a loan calculator can be, there is always the chance that they are inaccurate. Not all companies update their websites regularly, especially less well-known companies. That means that the loan calculations you are given could be entirely wrong. The quote could either be more expensive or less expensive and you simply will not know until you apply for the loan and agree to it. So, sometimes ringing the company up to check the details on the online loan calculator is a good idea just to be on the safe side.

So just how does it work? Well, generally, an online loan calculator needs to know:

- How much you need to borrow
- How long you expect to pay it back

That is basically all the information you need. Now, each loan company will offer a different loan amount over a different repayment period. Some will offer 60 months only, whilst others could offer anything up to 300 months. Generally, the shorter the repayment period, the higher the repayment amount each month. For example, if you choose to pay the loan back over 60 months you will be paying a lot more a month than if you were paying the loan back over 300 months.

However, if you choose to pay the loan back over a shorter period of time, you will be paying less money back overall than if you spread the loan repayments out for longer. This is because loan companies charge more interest for longer term loans so even if you are paying back less each month, you will still be paying back more in the long run.

Loan calculators can be really helpful, but always remember that there is a slight chance that the results may be incorrect. If you are in doubt, phone the company up or check on the website to see if it says when the site was last updated. That way you will know if the results of the calculator are likely to be correct.

2 comments:

  1. The original zoho sheet is giving the right answer, but the embedded version is behaving strangely. Let me keep a tab on it for next few days and if the error doesn’t self-correct, take up the matter with Zoho. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks again for bringing it to my notice.

    Home loan rates

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is worth living comfortably for me and my family now and really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as I have been going through a problem as seriously as my son found a terrible accident last two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and I could not pay the bills, then your surgery went to the bank to borrow and reject me saying that I have no credit score, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when I was browsing through yahoo answers and i came across a loan lender Mr, Pedro, offering loans at affordable interest rate I had no choice but to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, I got a loan of $ 110,000.00 to paid for my son surgery then get myself a comfortable business to help me going as well. I thank God today is good and you can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me more and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to myself that I will mourn aloud in the world of the wonders of God to me through this God fearing lender Mr Pedro and I would advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this God-fearing man on ...... pedroloanss@gmail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete